Teaching MORE - Mobile Online Realtime English
a workshop at Korea Tesol International Conference 2015
October 9, 2015
Using mobile, online, and/or live, interactive technology has the potential to engage students, improve learning outcomes, and make an educator’s job more interesting. It also has the potential to frustrate learners, distract from course objectives, and make educators long for the days of chalk and erasers. This workshop will focus on strategies and tools that can help us successfully integrate ‘MORE’ technology into our teaching.
In the spirit of embracing these tools and confronting challenges they sometimes create, this will be a mobile-friendly, openly shared, live streamed, backchannel-supported workshop. Participants are encouraged to have their mobile devices charged and check out the resources and interacton spaces below.
This workshop will build on several recent presentations, webcasts, and most importantly in-class teaching experiences. Feel free to check out the links below and share any thoughts or quesitons in the workshop Band or chat room. Google+ Event Page
(all are welcome to join)
Audio Recording Download mp3
Teaching More Band
To join, go to: http://band.us/n/5hVZWJeQ
Group Chat Tools
Social Media PD & Communities of Practice
- Kahoot.it GetKahoot.com
- Google Doc Speech Recognition Chrome Add-on
- Save as Doc Chrome Add-on
- ELT Live#4 – How do students feel about going online with materials, assignments, and portfolios?
- ELT Live#3 – Mobile Tools and Strategies for ELT
- ELT Live 2 – Hows, Whats, and Whys (or why nots) of class websites
- IHAQ#3 - How to curate and foster online conversations
- IHAQ#16 - Optoins for course or project websites
Jeff's Course Websites